ANNUAL REPORT 2018-19
May be there is a road ahead of it,
May be there is a new world down the road,
Walking forth is the only plight,
Because we didnt come this far to come this far only "
A heart filled with aspirations is all that we knew since the veryexistence of the school and thats what gave us the ambition of marchingforward till excellence is achieved in all our endeavours.
This report is comprised of the achievements made during the year gone by andat the same time set the path for greater accomplishments in the years to come.
1.Keeping ourselves up with the pace of the modernworld, Complete Digitalization of the school was undertaken which transformedthe entire school chores channel through the Information Technology, bringingin more transparency and enhanced communication with parents and community.Respected Chairman sir himself graced the occasion and inaugurated the DigitizationSystem by introducing the SMARTWAY STUDY SCHOOL APP
2. Having the school completely digitized has in numerousadvantages to the parents, teachers and the school itself.
? Parentscan keep a real-time track of the status of their child for Daily Attendance,Fee status, Periodic Results, School Circulars and News, etc. through the SMARTWAYSTUDY SCHOOL APP on Android and Apple mobiles.
? Parentshave a direct access to communicate with the Class-Teacher for regular updateof their child and the cases which need my personal attention can be escalateddirectly to me through the provision of Communicate in our Portal.
? Parents and teachers have beenbrought closer as this software provides a direct upload of the daily homeworkon the online portal parallel to whats given in the classroom, so that parentstoo are apprised of the daily homework given in classroom and the same can beenforced at the parents end too.
3.Making our students globally relevant is need of the hour and with the sameidea, we introduced English Language lab. in our curriculum beginning this session forClass 3rd onwards. It was inaugurated by Respected Sarpanches and Panches ofall neighbouring villages.
4.With the sole purpose ofupdating teachers knowledge, the school hosted a series of Teachers Workshops. It was an attempt which inclusively engulfed various significantaspects like Moral Values, Life Skills , Meditation & Stress Management,Coping with different behavioural problems of students , nurturing earlychildhood and classroom management
Apart from this, our teachers are made a part of the training sessions andworkshops happening at other schools. Attendee teachers further share theknowledge with other fellow teachers widening the sphere of wisdom.
5. : “Developa passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.”
- Antony J DAngelo
The year 2017-18 was critical with the changed examinationpattern, from CCE to NSQF(National Skills qualification framework), However the1st batch of Class X did extremely well and SGHS congratulates ENVEER KAUR , RAMNEET KAUR , KIRANJIT KAUR andGAGANDEEP KAUR for scoring above 90% in all subjects . This is a good achievement for them aswell as for the institution .
SGHS congratulate students,parents and teachers for this success.
Respected Chairman sir and Chairperson madam further encouraged the children toscore well by declaring an additional scholarship of Rs. 10000 per annum forthe students of class X securing A1 grade in all the subjects.
6."We do not inherit the earth from our parents; we borrow it from ourchildren!" - Chief Seattle In aninitiative to generate the habit of using old things to create beautiful craftsamongst children, a concept which has global significance, a best out of wastecompetition was recently organized in our school. A learning experience forall, the competition promoted creativity and artistic excellence in our leadersof tomorrow. It also helped them to realize the importance of recycling andreusing waste material available to them.
7.Raksha Bandhan is a precious and pious occasion to celebratethe beauty of love between brother and sister. The tradition of tying a holythread, Rakhiaround the wrist of brothers by their sisters symbolizes Raksha(protection). It is typically a Hindu festival but nowadays people fromdifferent faiths celebrate it too. On this day, Sisters tie a sacred thread or acolourful special band, rightly called the Rakhi on their brothers wrist asa mark of affection, sisterly love, and sublime sentiments. All the studentsfrom class I to Class XII participated and made traditionally colourfulRakhis.
8. To take part is what counts in competition and lessons of victoryand defeat are what we get in return. This environment was sufficiently createdthrough inter-school, inter-house and inter-class competitions such as debate,Quiz, Rangoli, Declamation, Creative-Writing, Spelling-Bee, Rhyme and Rhythm,Drawing and Power-Point competitions. Our students took part in variousinter-school , zonal level and state level Competitions and brought laudable laurelsto the school.
9. End of November witnessed three dayslong Athletic meet where the studentsparticipated in different events under the banner of their house and wonvarious medals and trophies . FATEH HOUSE won the overall Trophy .
10. End of December witnessed amagnanimous morning where the school celebrated its 10th Annual Day Programme which gave the students an amazing opportunityto showcase their potential.
11. School bade Farewell to Class XII Students with plenty of good wishes for abright and successful future. Respected Chairman Sir and Chairperson Madamblessed the students.
12. To outlet the steam of calibre of our students in the field of SocialScience, Maths, and science, Science, Maths and Social week were celebrated inthe month of May , November and December followed by Exhibition to showcasetheir models.
13. Conforming to the guidelines from Directorate of Education & CBSE andto disseminate the message of a better habitable environment , an Anti-Drug Rally by our students was taken out in thenearby areas of Bhadni Khalan. With the same thought, a Cleanliness Drive underthe programme of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was undertaken in the month of Novemberwhere all the staff members and students cleaned the school premises andproximate areas.
14.The Science OlympiadFoundation (SOF) is an educational foundation established in 1996 and anon-profit organization based in New Delhi, which promotes and conductscompetitions in Science, mathematics, general Knowledge, Introductory ComputerEducation. Our students achieved National and International ranks. I wish allthe best to the children and many more awards to win in future competitions
15. Promoting the harmony across all communities, Special Assembliesare conducted on a regular basis where all the Festivals irrespective of thereligion & following are fondly celebrated.
We are drowning in information and severely starving for wisdom today.Fortunately, we are empowered with demographic dividend knocking on our door.We just need to break the cocoon and let in the beautiful colours of knowledge.I am sure in the coming years, we shall successfully channelize the halo of theyoung minds to explore best of their abilities.
Towards the end, I thank the supportive management whose continuous support toour ideology of education has enabled the school to come this far. Teachers andthe entire staff members also deserve applause for their tireless efforts inimplementing the route map of imparting quality education here. I also extendmy heartfelt thanks to the parents of our students who have shown unflinchingfaith in us by giving us the profound opportunity to transform their childreninto truly useful citizens of the future world.
With that, let us foresee a world of universal singularity where our childrenare going to be the propellant of this change and the world shall be abeautiful place to live in..!!!
Thank you very much !!!!!